List Price: $89.99
Sale Price: $59.99
Today's Bonus: 33% Off
I carry this Sony 7000 mAh USB charger in my school bag, just in case one of my devices (smartphone, Kindle, Bluetooth headset) goes down. It's very convenient, because even though it provides a pretty considerable charge (7000 mAh is enough to charge most smartphones at least twice, and even a large tablet like the iPad 4 or Nexus 10 can be charged from 0% to well over 50%), its compact size (approximately 13.0 cm x 6.8 cm x 1.2 cm, or 5.1 in. x 2.7 in. x 0.47 in.) allows it to easily fit in my bag. It's a Sony, too, so in addition to being stylish (well, as stylish as a big battery can be), the build quality is very solid, being made out of, I'm guessing, a very rigid-feeling aluminum, with hard plastic ends.
One of the things I like most about it is its 2.1 A output. I haven't timed it precisely, but it will charge smartphones very quickly. It will add about 30% to my Nexus 4 in only about 10 minutes, which means that even if I drop down into single digits, I can just drop my phone into my bag and plug it up, and by the time I'm done walking to my next class, my phone already has a respectable charge. I haven't needed to use this feature yet, but it does have two USB output ports, so you can charge two devices (even two tablets) simultaneously if you need to. Sony also says on the package that you can recharge this thing 1000 times and it will still retain 90% of its capacity, which is awesome if it's true. At any rate, even if it only retained 90% capacity for 500 charges, that would still be better than almost all smartphone batteries.
Overall, I would say this power supply is basically perfect for me, but it might not be for everyone. You of course need to have a good idea of exactly how you would be using this. For me, in the worst-case scenario that everything I have on me is totally dead (which would be a Nexus 4, 5th generation Kindle, and some Sony Bluetooth earphones), it would take about 50% of the charger's capacity to return everything to 100%, which means as long as I remember to charge it occasionally, it's basically impossible for me to be caught without power. For someone else though, say more of a "power user"--who might have a phablet (~3000 mAh battery), tablet (~5000 to 10,000 mAh battery), and maybe another couple of odd and ends, like cameras or e-readers--it might be a little on the small side. Same thing for someone who is taking a trip or something where they may be away from a wall outlet for a couple of days. Someone like this may be better off getting one of the 10,000+ mAh chargers, but really, for anyone else, this Sony charger is going to be more than enough to keep you going from day to day. Highly recommended.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
On long trips, this battery lets you keep your phone or tablet with enough power to keep running.This item is excellent.
No comments:
Post a Comment