I bought this Charger because I have used Leviton products for years with excellent results. Plus how can you beat Amazon's price?, $1100 shipped, Amazing price for 9.6KW per Hour Level 2 charger. My 2013 Nissan leaf can only accept 6.6KW per hour but maybe my 2021 Leaf will accept 10,000 Watts Per Hour and I'll be ready. The J1772 connector is rated for 10,000 uses. That's around 15 to 27 years of use. I have no idea if the Leviton will last that long though. I connected it to my Electrical panel with a 50A 2-Pole Breaker and I used a 8/2 wire with a Ground. Charging of my 2013 Nissan Leaf SL takes 4 hours from Zero % to 100%. I'm very happy with the Leviton EVB40-SPT and I would recommend it to anyone with an EV. Make sure you use the Leviton EVK05-M 50A mounting bracket to be UL compliant. The only issue I had was with the mounting bracket. The paper wall template that you tape to your wall so that you screw the bracket at the correct location and so that you cut out the receptacle at the correct distance states that you must have a vertical clearance of 5" minimum in order to slide on the EVB40 on the mounting bracket but that is not correct. the Paper template was made for the 2010 products and they did not have this white and red plastic housing which adds an extra 6" of vertical size and so you must plan for that extra distance. make sure you leave a good 10" to 12" of vertical clearance above the mounting bracket or you'll be sorry.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
Bought this for my new Rav4 EV paid a little over a $1K for the box and about $400 to have an electrician install it. If I had gone through the dealer, it would have been well over $2,000 for the whole job. Do yourself a favor and buy this from Amazon and then find a local electrician to install it it's not rocket science.
Best Deals for Leviton EVB40-5PT Level 2 40-Amp Evr-Green Flush Mount Electric
I posted five photos of this evse front, back, handles, wire, and mounted with comments, why did Amazon take them down what are they hiding. My back of unit shot is one that is not posted anywhere online showing construction and how it mounts. please Amazon put them back up. It took almost a month from the time I ordered to the time I recieved
Honest reviews on Leviton EVB40-5PT Level 2 40-Amp Evr-Green Flush Mount Electric
I installed my unit only to have it go into fault mode after a day. Called customer service. I happen to live in So. Cal about a 3 hr. drive form Leviton offices. Happened to have an engineer in the area when I called. They came that day, calibrated the unit and checked my wiring. They got it working for another day. Called Support again on a Friday. The engineers came out Tuesday with a new mother board and installed it. It has been three days with no fault.
If the support wasn't so responsive, I would have sent it back.
First three stars are for the performance for the last few days. Fourth star for customer support.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Leviton EVB40-5PT Level 2 40-Amp Evr-Green Flush Mount Electric
My Nissan Leaf does not need a charger this powerful. I bought this charger to be ready for the future when I would have an EV with a larger battery. The charger works fine and I have had no issues with it. I have had it for about a month.

No comments:
Post a Comment