Friday, February 21, 2014

Cheap Kindle D00701 eReader Battery Replacement Kit with Video

Kindle D00701 eReader Battery Replacement Kit with Video Installation DVD, and Extended Life Battery.
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
List Price: $29.95
Sale Price: $28.95
Today's Bonus: 3% Off
Buy Now

I was going to just purchase the battery alone, but I'm glad I bought this kit with the pry tool and the correctly sized screwdriver. With a 9-month deployment to Afghanistan on the horizon and a Kindle 2 that is 3+ years old, I wanted to get the battery life back (at a minimum) to where it was a few years ago, when I could go a week or two without charging my Kindle. The kit arrived in a timely fashion, and the directions were simple and straightforward. It is NOT easy to get the top gray section off of the Kindle -I had to get my fingernail in there, then run the pry tool from one side to the other to loosen it, at which point it popped off. Also, be aware that your volume rocker (toward the top left side if you're looking at the back of the Kindle) might fall out when you take the lower silver panel off. Don't panic, it seats back in easily and is firmly held once you get the lower silver portion of the Kindle back replaced on there after changing the battery. Be sure to plug your Kindle in to charge when you're finished -again, don't panic if your Kindle doesn't come on right away. Once it gets some juice it'll give that "critical battery" warning, then come to life in a few minutes. I'll come back here with a battery life review after I've tested it over the next few weeks or months. :)

Edited to add: Just a couple of days before October, it's been 3+ months since I arrived in Afghanistan, and I'm SO glad I replaced my Kindle battery! I have been doing a ton of reading, and this Kindle is a sanity-saver! Battery performs well, I have to charge my Kindle every couple of weeks. Fantastic!!

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

It is OK in the fact that I can actually still use my Kindle. My original battery would only hold a charge for 24 hours. This looks identical to the original battery and NewPower99 told me to enjoy my new "long life" battery. However, I have to charge it up about every 3 days. A FAR cry from the 3-4 week charge I was expecting to get with a "long life" battery. Since the battery in the DVD did not look like the original, I wonder if maybe I got an old battery.

The instructional DVD that came with the kit was pretty good, it was a lot harder to open the back of the Kindle with the sharp edged little tool they sent, but a rag over the sharp end and some persistence, it all worked just like they showed.

Best Deals for Kindle D00701 eReader Battery Replacement Kit with Video

After trying two other brands of replacement batteries for my wife's Kindle, neither of which would accept a charge after installation, I ordered this one as a last resort before just getting a new Kindle. This battery arrived today and I installed it immediately. Installation is pretty straightforward following the instructions I found on the New Power site. They also include an instructional DVD with the battery as well as a small screwdriver and prying device to gain access to Kindle battery. The two screw holes at the bottom of the new battery are just a little snug in terms of alignment with the chassis of the Kindle, so I made them a little larger to avoid the chance of misalignment/stripping the small screws or the mount. After the new battery was installed and the Kindle all closed up, the moment of truth arrived, would it accept a charge? I'm happy to report that the new battery immediately started charging and gained a full charge (green LED) in about an hour and a half. My wife is now back to reading her Kindle and a happy camper once again. Credit to Amazon is in order here for their part in returning the batteries that did not work and getting credit for same. We get a lot of stuff from Amazon and they have not failed us yet. I only wish I had the foresight to buy a ton of their stock when the company was just starting.

Honest reviews on Kindle D00701 eReader Battery Replacement Kit with Video

I had to try a few to figure that out... so save yourself some time and just know this is the right one for you... if you have Model D00701!

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Kindle D00701 eReader Battery Replacement Kit with Video

This was exactly as described which made ordoring replacemnt battery easier. Even though not recommended to replace your own was very easy to do

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment