Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Best Sabrent 300w Power Inverter with 2.1A-1A Dual USB Charger 12v DC Deals

Sabrent 300w Power Inverter with 2.1A-1A Dual USB Charger 12v DC to 120v AC
Customer Ratings: 5 stars
Buy Now
It's no problem charging mobile devices while you're driving, since these devices can be charged from a USB port, either built into the vehicle (newer models) or from USB chargers that fit in the vehicle's 12-volt power port. But a lot of small electrical appliances are only made to work with AC power, and for those devices, a 12-volt in-vehicle power inverter is the answer. I have bought dedicated power adapters for laptop computers, but these are expensive and usually only work with a particular model laptop. I tried the Sabrent 300-watt inverter in my Subaru, and it worked fine for providing both AC and USB power. I used it with two of my AC-powered camera battery chargers and a AA battery charger:

Canon G10 battery charger 14 watts

Nikon D3200 battery charger 20 watts

Maha AA battery charger 16 watts

I also used the inverter to charge my HP laptop while using the laptop. The laptop uses a maximum of 50 watts while running, which is well below the inverter's capacity. While using the inverter for AC devices, I also recharged my Android phone with the 1A USB charging port.

One caution: Every vehicle's electrical system has a maximum rated power that it can deliver through the vehicle's power port. For my Subaru Forester, the owner's manual says this is 120 watts. Trying to power a device or devices that exceed that limit will likely blow a fuse. I should also note that Subaru sells its own 100-watt power inverter for my vehicle, but it costs about $300, while the Sabrent inverter is a small fraction of that amount. I would love to be able to operate my CPAP machine (for sleep apnea) to take a nap while tag-team driving with my wife on long road trips, but the machine uses 275 watts. The Sabrent inverter could handle that load, but the car's electrical system can't. However, it's possible that other small AC-powered medical devices like O2 concentrators may work okay.

For anyone who has a need for AC power in their vehicle, the Sabrent inverter is a good option to consider. The inverter is also available in 75 watts (Sabrent 75w Power Inverter with 2.1A-1A Dual USB Charger 12v DC to 120v AC (PW-C10U)) and 150 watts (Sabrent 150w Power Inverter with 2.1A-1A Dual USB Charger 12v DC to 120v AC (PW-C15U)).

A product sample was provided by the manufacturer for review purposes.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

I absolutely love this thing! It has come in handy so much already that it didn't take long for me to fully test it for review. Sabrent sent me a sample of this item this review is my honest opinion.

The main reason why I would recommend this power inverter over other is its design unlike most inverters it isn't one solid hunk of plastic that plugs in to the cigarette lighter instead it has a lengthy power cable. While some people might not care too much about this, my Subaru Outback is designed in a way that I cannot use the aforementioned designs the space is just too narrow.

Form aside, this inverter is very handy. Not only does it have the two USB ports on the side for mobile devices, but it has a standard outlet for plugging in devices on road trips. Now this is nothing new or groundbreaking these things have been available at stores and roadside gas stations for years, but this Sabrent inverter seems much less bulky than others I have seen.

With 150W of power, there's one main use I have for this inverter, and that's for my DSLR's batter charger. My wife and I shoot weddings, and often our clients want to drive an hour (and sometimes more) between shooting locations. Though I always come prepared, I love being able to top up my Canon batteries on the drive, and of course there's always the chance that I might forget to charge my batteries the night before!

Overall the small footprint and general quality means this inverter earns every star I'm a huge fan of the power it sends out and the price is very competitive. Recommended with no reservations.

Best Deals for Sabrent 300w Power Inverter with 2.1A-1A Dual USB Charger 12v DC



When going on long road trips I have found that power inverters are very handy they can be paired with a vehicles auxiliary power/cigarette lighter to power devices that normally can't be powered in a vehicle such as portable DVD players, gaming consoles, and even laptops. . At a 300W the Sabrent power inverter has the ability to charge everything from smartphones to laptops. Simply plug the device into the power inverter just like you would for a household outlet (just make sure that it doesn't draw too much power so don't do something crazy like plugging in a microwave). There is a one slight issue the built in fan is a bit noisy and could be annoying if you are in a completely silent vehicle... but how often does that happen?

Notes-

Plugs directly into auxiliary power (aka cigarette lighter) the adapter pivots and can fit into a variety of configurations.

Has a cord (of about 2 feet) so that you don't have to keep the entire unit (and all of the cords) plugged into the auxiliary power source (unlike some other models). To me, this is one of the better features of the unit.

Has 2 5 volt USB ports one at 1amp (for smartphones) and the other at 2.1Amps (for tablets)

Has a standard wall outlet plug that delivers 120V at 60Hz

The device has a total power rating of 3000watts but be careful that you don't blow a fuse in your car (cigarette lighters are typically on a 15amp fuse).

Has a built in fan for keeping the device cool but it is kind of noisy

Final Verdict The Sabrent 300W power inverter may have a noisy fan, but it does provide both DC power (in the form of 5V UBS chargers) and AC power in the form of 120 volt 60hz power. You need to make sure that you keep an eye on your total power consumption (so that you don't blow a fuse) and do something crazy but the 3000W inverter is a nice option for powering laptops or other small(ish) devices. I also like the fact that this inverter has a cord, so that can be placed away (by about 2 feet) from the auxiliary power source.

4 1/2 Stars

Please Note I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review

Honest reviews on Sabrent 300w Power Inverter with 2.1A-1A Dual USB Charger 12v DC

This review is for the 150W version of the Sabrent power inverter.

A power inverter provides your car a power source similar to the three-prong wall outlet in your home. This is just perfect to plug my laptop. It is small, very unintrusive and not as loud as my old hunky inverter. Just be aware that it is rated for 150W. It will not power your airbed pump, but should be enough for most gadgets like laptops, GPS's, digital cams, handheld games, etc.

This is the smallest power inverter I have seen and also the quietest. I still hear the fan but compared to my other inverters, it has less noise. I have yet to see power inverters without a fan. It fits easily in the glove compartment.

I t also comes with dual USB slots on the side, one 2.1A for tablets and a 1A for cell phones.

The 300-watt inverter works the same except for doubling the wattage capacity and a slightly louder fan noise.

A sample of this product was sent to me for review purposes.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Sabrent 300w Power Inverter with 2.1A-1A Dual USB Charger 12v DC

A power inverter for your car is a very handy device to have. It plugs into the car's power outlet (which I still call the cigarette lighter) and gives you the ability to plug in an AC powered item. There are limitations, of course you're not going to be able to plug in your refrigerator, but for low power demand items, it can be very helpful for power when you're traveling or for when the lights go out at home.

I'm very pleased with the Sabrent. It offers a decent amount of power 300 watts which makes it far more useful for the things I'd like to use it for than the lower powered inverters. However, the larger capacity comes with a larger size. The unit is about 3 inches wide, 5 inches long, and 1.5 inches thick. It weighs a hefty one pound. Not a small and inconspicuous device by any means.

All the controls and ports are located on one end, which makes it easier to deal with the large size. There's an on/off rocker switch. I wish it had a more solid "click" to it it has a rather soft touch, so it can be inadvertently switched on/off when moving it if you grab it the wrong way. It has a single 3-prong female outlet to power an AC device, and 2 USB outlets. The USB outlets are a nice addition, since it can be used to charge phones, tablets, etc. without having to unplug the inverter and plug in a conventional car USB adapter.

The housing is plastic but appears pretty sturdy. The plug that goes into the cigarette lighter is decent. Works fine, but feels a little on the flimsy side compared with the overall unit. The cord could also be a bit thicker for greater durability or, ideally, coiled so it does not get tangled. But quite workable as-is and MUCH easier to deal with than an inverter that does not have a cord and plugs directly into the car power outlet.

Performance is very good. I had no problems running a 60 watt cooler using the inverter. Power delivery seemed fine and steady. I don't have test equipment to measure the power quality, but the cooler ran at a steady pace.

The inverter does get pretty warm in use, and has an internal fan that kicks on to keep things cool. The fan can be heard, but the sound is not what I'd consider to be noisy.

It's important to know the power demand of whatever you're plugging in, plus keep in mind that some devices, such as coolers, have an initial surge demand. For example, a 60watt cooler may use 60 watts when running, but will pull 100+ watts when it starts up. If you try to run something that attempts to pull more than the inverter can supply, the inverter will shut down for safety (both for itself and the item attached). According to the specs, this can handle a surge of 350 watts, but I'll keep any surge loads I put on it at not more than 300 watts to be safe.

Although 300 watts won't go far, this is a handy item to keep on hand not only for power on the road, but also to serve as a power source (albeit limited) when the household power goes out. While there are some faults with the unit, overall it is a good performer and a decent value for the price. 4.5 stars rounded to 5.

[Sample provided for review]

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment