Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Cheap 12V 12AH Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Battery for F2 APC SU1000

12V 12AH Sealed Lead Acid Battery for F2 APC SU1000 SU1000BX120 UPS
Customer Ratings: 4 stars
List Price: $35.99
Sale Price: $29.50
Today's Bonus: 18% Off
Buy Now

I bought 2 of these for an APC Smart UPS 1000, and this was to be the 3rd battery pair in that device. About a year ago I bought a battery pair from Chrome Battery for an APC Smart UPS 700, and so I had high hopes for these batteries.

Unfortunately the batteries shipped measured 3.775 inches tall, not 3.74 inches as stated. My old batteries (B.B. Battery BP 12-12) measure 3.705 inches tall. The Smart UPS 1000 has a pair of rails inside so the batteries don't rattle around. To make my new batteries fit under those rails I had to:

1. Remove the heavy tape APC uses to attach the inner door to case (a single thickness of it rests under the batteries),

2. Sand off the little cross-shaped bumps on the bottom of the new batteries,

3. And finally I had to trim away the edge of the paper label on top of the batteries where they directly touch the underside of the rail.

I probably gained 0.020 inches (half a millimeter), which was just enough to get the new battery to squeak into the case. If they swell up I'll need power tools to get them out.

Chrome has the right chemistry, terminal size, and until now I thought they had the right form factor, and at a very attractive price. If these batteries had been 3.74 high I would not have had a problem. I'm disappointed.

I hope their performance is decent.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

I have two UPSs and needed to replace batteries in both of them. This one was the first to go. I have been using it for several months. The price is much lower than that charged by local battery suppliers.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment