I have been pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of this charger. It charged a 200 AH 12 volt AGM battery from 66% to 100% in about 7 hours. Being accustomed to the analog meter on some of my older chargers, I thought these blinking lights were more or less for entertainment. Its true test will be if it can restore the Odyssey PC625 SLA battery from the brink of death, it has been discharged down to 9.3 volts while under load of a circulating pump. After about 40 hours of charging it is at 66%. I gave it a (4).
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I followed the advice of others to fully charge the battery before using the desulfator. After the battery was fully charged I hooked it up to the BatteryMINDer, a minimum of two days for the UPS batteries and a week for the car batteries. One of the car batteries had been dying often I left connected for almost two weeks. After the batteries were charged I let them sit for a few days then checked their charge levels to compare with the readings right after I disconnected the charger. All batteries held their charge. All of them are going strong including the car battery and I've not had any issues with it since. I'm definitely a believer.
One note, it's been my experience that when storing the battery it's best to keep them off concrete floors and metal surfaces otherwise they will go bad. I usually keep the battery on a piece of wood.
Best Deals for BatteryMINDer Charger-Desulfator - 12 Volt, AGM Batteries, Model#
This is another of VDC Electronics' specialized battery minders. This one is specifically for AGM batteries like the Optima that I installed in my A33 Nissan Maxima. It comes with complete connection hardware and a printed instruction book. The unit can sense and display state of charge, as well as whether the battery is weak or badly discharged. These units, unlike the standard Battery Minder, can slow charge a badly discharged battery and then shift to a faster charge that allows de-sulfation. All in all, I have had extremely good service from VDC Electronics' products and highly recommend their Battery Minders.
Honest reviews on BatteryMINDer Charger-Desulfator - 12 Volt, AGM Batteries, Model#
I previously had a trickle charger that finally bit the dust. Needed to replace it and did a lot of on line research before settling on this one. I have a slow electrical leak in my RAM 2500 pickup truck that the dealer cannot trace. If the truck sits for more than a few days without running, the batteries are two low to start the diesel. It has two 12v batteries hooked in parallel. I hook this system up on a heavy duty timer and let it run for 4-6 hours starting around 3AM. The truck never fails to start with just this simple setup, even in the winter (with the help of the engine block heater plugged in on the same timer).
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for BatteryMINDer Charger-Desulfator - 12 Volt, AGM Batteries, Model#
At only 2 Amps, it takes awhile to recharge a 100AH SLA battery, but it does a good job, comes with very good instructions, and is plug-and-play.

No comments:
Post a Comment