Thursday, June 19, 2014

Reviews of Wagan Power Dome EX 400-Watt Jump Starter with Built-In Air

Wagan Power Dome EX 400-Watt Jump Starter with Built-In Air Compressor
Customer Ratings: 3 stars
List Price: $174.95
Sale Price: $130.79
Today's Bonus: 25% Off
Buy Now

I have owned this a few weeks and have had to use it for 5 jumps and inflated 4 tires without it even going down below 13 volts Its great to have, you don't have to drag out those long cables and use another car to get a jump, and it started it right up. It will come in handy for storms also-I love It..

UPDATE!!STILL GOING STRONG!!!

I have been using this for two and a half years now to jump cars and even for lights during power outages and it still works great..Im sorry some had had trouble..but mine is great ..I did have to tape on some decals that were falling off..but other than that it is still working..

Im glad I have it..

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

This is a fantastic unit and the price is on par with other brand units.

Pros:

It has a charge indicator, FM/AM radio with aux. audio input jack as well as a USB power supply port for those suckers who own an IPOD, the LED light is bright enough, the presence of an air compressor is a plus and the hose is a decent length but doesn't appear so at first glance, 2 AC outlets as well as 1 DC outlet should provide ample space to plug in anything, and of course the jump cables for car starting which, like the air hose, is longer than it appears in the picture (about 2.5 feet)

The reason I gave it only 4 stars:

the power switch for the AC outlets on mine is a 2 stage switch, meaning it has off, 1, and 2 settings. The 1 does nothing and the 2 powers the outlets. Based upon the pictures, it is clear that a simple ON/OFF switch was meant to be there and probably is in most units but for whatever reason, mine has a different one (no biggie). The air compressor works fine but I have a problem with the fact the dial goes to 260psi. Who is pumping that much air into something? Because of that, I need to look closely when I am filling tires because the distance from 0-35/40 is very small. The tips for the air hose come loose so they will get tossed or lost easily. Lastly, the speaker for the radio is not the greatest, it would have been nice to have a built-in amp and an audio out but i guess this thing can only do so much.

Overall, it is a great buy and should do the job well for most people.

Best Deals for Wagan Power Dome EX 400-Watt Jump Starter with Built-In Air

This is my third Wagan and each one has been a dud. This latest one I bought PowerDome EX won't charge up even when I've plugged it in to its maximum alloted time. I've done this three times and still, won't work. The outside looks new but I wonder if they stuck an old battery in there. It's such a pain to get it replaced. The one I bought last year PowerDome 2354 lasted one month and the charging receptacle broke on the battery side. The Wagan customer service guy said there's nothing they could do about it! He told me to take it apart and fix it myself. The first unit I bought several years ago, only lasted one year. The third time's it. No more Wagans. Overall, I'd say if you're going to review a product, better to give it some longevity rather than reviewing it shortly after you buy it. My experience with three over four years should give you a pretty good idea of how poorly made these power supplies are.

Honest reviews on Wagan Power Dome EX 400-Watt Jump Starter with Built-In Air

I have had to send this unit back to Wagan twice. The first unit started to smoke when I tried to add 5 PSI to a tire up. The second units inverter never worked from the get go. I am now on my third unit and it experienced a "burning" smell when I was testing the inverter. I wish I could return this unit but it has been more than 30 days from when I bought the thing I can only send the thing back to Wagan for exchange. Every time you send the unit to Wagan for warranty exchange they make the customer pay the freight and it takes over a month to get the replacement unit back. I have owned this unit for a little over 90 days, but due to having to exchange the thing twice I have only have the unit to use for 4 days. I am not satisfied at all!!!

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Wagan Power Dome EX 400-Watt Jump Starter with Built-In Air

This unit is a high quality unit. I am very pleased as to how well it is made. It does everything that I expected of it and more. I don't need a radio or a compressor but it is there and it works well. I probably will order a higher wattage unit from Wagan which does not have all the frills.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment