Monday, July 28, 2014

Review of Solaris 12 Solar Charger by Brunton

Solaris 12 Solar Charger by Brunton
Customer Ratings: 5 stars
Buy Now
I go backpacking quite often and I have ran my electronic equipment power totally out. This light weight solar panel worked really well. In May of 2010 I went on a six day five night backpacking trip and I was able to charge my GPS and all my buddies Ipods. We had music every night, and my GPS was charged to the max every day. Thanks to these panels I was able to track my entire trip with my GPS. I highly recommend these panels for anyone who wants the comforts of electronic equipment on backpacking trips.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

Just got back from 8 days on Kilimanjaro using the Brunton Solaris 12 and the Brunton Solo 7.5 to keep our GPS, laptops etc charged so we could blog while on the mountain. The Solaris 12 worked well; the Solo 7.5 did not.

Best Deals for Solaris 12 Solar Charger by Brunton

Direct sunlight will charge my 890 mA video battery via a 12V jack in less than two hours. Cloudy weather will not charge this battery as the battery charger require as certain minimum current to start charging the batteries. In cloudy weather (not too cloudy though) it will charge a cellphone and other small electronic gadgets using a 12V car charger. It may take a few hours, but it will eventually be charged.

The compact size on this solar charger is a huge plus. It's expensive, but clearly worth the price. Using a 12V car charger with a 5V USB connection will charge everything which can be charged this way. (GPS, digital camera.....)

It will easily charge AAA/AA NiMh batteries in a 12V charger. As always, direct sunlight= fast charging, cloudy=slow charging

The solar charger is not powerful enough to charge a laptop, at least not my Dell Latitude. You will most likely need a higher capacity solar charge for this use

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment