List Price: $152.27
Sale Price: $103.32
Today's Bonus: 32% Off
I purchased the PS1100 (no longer made, the PS1118 is similar) a couple years ago and it worked great in all applications until.....I recently tried to use it for starting my 2003 Tundra (V8). I got the loud clicking noise from the solenoid indicating it wasn't getting the needed power to fully engage. Looked up the specs on the truck battery and the PS1100 and found the pS1100 provides "about 400-450 CCA" and the truck battery spec calls for 750 CCA. Bottom line? These portable starters are great unless you have a vehicle that requires higher CCA. If you're not sure, take the time to check what your vehicle requires. If it's over 450 CCA, this unit will probably not start your vehicle, especially if your battery has been severely discharged.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I use these with a converter to run a light, credit card machine, and cash register at trade shows. It lasted all day without problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment