Fairly small and light, this thing lets me get where my big snap on 14.4v can't. The battery is a very tight fit in the housing on mine, not sure if they are all like that but it will require some break in to wear away enough plastic for smooth removal and insertion of the battery. Everyone is impressed with the little makita, just as long as you realize it's a tiny impact wrench and is not for taking off wheels, you will be satisfied.
A few people have regretted purchasing the equivalent matco impact (for well over $100 more) after using my makita. Very satisfied with this purchase.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I work as an auto tech and have my choice of Matco and Snapon tools. I didn't like what the big players had to offer or the price they wanted for them, so I took a chance and got this kit with the WT01W. I have had it for a month so far and it's had daily use.I love this tool. It feels high quality, not cheap in my hand. None of that plastic squeak when you give it a squeeze like cheaper tools. It's very well balanced and nice and compact in size. It's a perfect fit in my hand and can be easily used with gloves.
It's rated about 80 foot pounds. Thats enough force to bust loose your average fasteners that you would use a 3/8" ratchet for. I have had to use a normal ratchet at times when something is frozen or over torqued. The WT01W is not for breaking loose rusted nuts or wheel lugs. It's for the average bolt. It does have limits.
80 foot pounds is enough to cross thread and/or strip most bolts, especially if it screws into aluminum. So I have to be careful when using it to install bolts.
That said, I really wish this impact wrench had an adjustable clutch or torque limiter. I don't see why they can't do it electronically. Program in a torque setting, and it only tightens to that setting. I don't care if it's even that accurate. +/10 foot pounds is fine for me. I have torque wrenches for anything that needs exact torque.
The only problem I have had with the WT01W is the rubber collar around the chuck. It's glow in the dark, thats sort of pointless, but it ripped partly off. The rubber is not very tough. Makita needs to do something different here.
But it's a small problem to a great tool. A tool that is in my tool bag at all times. Days go by I don't even use my 3/8" ratchet and my hands and wrist are less sore because of it.
Best Deals for Makita WT01W 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless 3/8 Inch Impact Wrench Kit
HAVE OWNED EARLY MAKITA 3/8 IMPACT 9.6VOLT FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS FINALLY GAVE OUT, NEW GUN IS LIGHTER AND STRONGER COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH ITHonest reviews on Makita WT01W 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless 3/8 Inch Impact Wrench Kit
I'm a Makita user of 15 years and this tool does not change my already high opinion of this company's products. I find myself using this wrench multiple times per week for a variety of tasks. The power packed into such a small and light tool is simply amazing. I have yet to encounter a bolt that was not broken by this impact. I could not recommend this product more.Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Makita WT01W 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless 3/8 Inch Impact Wrench Kit
I bought one at work, fell in love with it and ended up buying one for myself. It's perfect for working on motorcycles and cars. Will loosen most 10mm head fasteners with ease.. 12mm it will do some but that is pushing it.Good for removing covers, trim. Still need a 1/2 drive impact for the bigger jobs but this is a nice, compact handy tool.
No comments:
Post a Comment