Monday, December 29, 2014

Review of Tenergy T-9280 Portable battery Pack (Li-Ion Power Pack) for cell

Tenergy T-9280 Portable battery Pack for cell phones, iPods, iPhone, PSP --- SALE!
Customer Ratings: 3.5 stars
List Price: $12.99
Sale Price: Price Unavailable
Today's Bonus: 71% Off
Buy Now

I purchased this for my phone. I play lots of games on my phone and if the battery gets low, I just attach this and play for hours. My grandsons have I touch and I phones and they have used this to extend their usage time. I just plug it in at night when I charge my phone and it's ready for hours of fun! Would be great for travelers who don't oportunities to charge phone or Ipod. I'm getting another for the boys.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

At approx. $4, you can't beat this phone charger/battery pack. If you're ordering more than just this one item from the seller, combined shipping will be much lower than indicated here.

At a capacity of 3.7V & 1800mAH, this has as much power as 3 rechargable AA batteries, and is roughly the same size. Because of DC voltage conversion losses, that's not quite enough to fully charge my phone battery when extremely low, but close enough that you won't complain when you really need it. When charging, my phone shows battery capacity increasing at nearly 20% per hour... A little bit slower than even basic low-power USB could manage, but entirely reasonable. A monster 5" phone or tablet will charge several times slower. It's unfortunate they didn't go for fast and high-power USB charging, but that would surely increase the price of this device that you'll rarely use, anyhow. The 3-LED battery meter seems accurate, and is certainly handy.

Unfortunately, their assortment of tips is lacking... No MicroUSB (the single most common phone connection in the world), and no full-size USB-A cable for straight-through connections, unlike Tenergy's AA-USB phone charger. So you most likely need to supply your own USB cable to charge your phone.

I also find it annoying that this charges from a tiny barrel plug, while MicroUSB chargers are so incredibly universal. There's no good reason not to charge from a MicroUSB connector, making it more capable, and eliminating an extra cable you'll need to carry around.

All in all, I still much prefer the flexibility of AA phone chargers, but this one works quite well, and it's hard to beat a useful product they're giving away, almost for free. I'll certainly consider buying a few more of these to give away as gifts.

Best Deals for Tenergy T-9280 Portable battery Pack (Li-Ion Power Pack) for cell

I ordered the "Eco Combo" Tenergy USB-5000 Hybrid Solar Charger + 4 AA rechargeable Ni-MH batteries. I received this V-9280 Tenergy Charger Pack which IS NOT SOLAR and charges phones off a laptop or other USB source. NOT WHAT WAS REQUIRED.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment