Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I Bought them in both colors, for mine and my wife's car. I like the way they attach to the steering wheel and how easily it sets up. (I don't particularly like that it stays loose, but I guess it is a safety feature) But above all I like the speaker on this thing. It really surprised me with its clarity and bass.The noise cancellation part is also way above my expectations! My wife and I tested it by both of us using this bluetooth in our respective cars, and we really heard each other perfectly. Another thing that I like is the button that can change from FM Transmitter to Speaker mode, back and forth, in the middle of the phone call or music. So whenever I run into an area where the FM transmitter static begins, I just switch it over and continue on Speaker.
So all in all, this is a super recommendation for anyone looking for a bluetooth / FM car kit.
Best Deals for Plan-B High-End Portable Bluetooth LCD Car Kit With FM Transmitter
I was really excited to get the Plan-B-High-End Bluetooth Car Kit, but it let me down. Prior to buying this I was using the Jabra CRUISER2 Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone which works perfectly. So why did I give it up, because I gave it to my dear husband to use so he would not get a ticket for talking on his cellphone while driving. I considered getting another Jabra again, but saw this and thought I would give it a try. You have to admit that the idea of having control of a bluetooth speaker at your fingertips is the best way to go since it sits on the steering wheel. I also thought it would have great clear volume since it would be level to to my mouth than above like a visor speaker. Boy was I wrong. First it is not an easy task to get it to attach to your steering wheel. It has to be a "snug" fit or it will move around. Second the unit itself it too big and has a poor design. It should of been designed to be flush inside the steering wheel. It sits out too much and gets in the way of making turns. Sometimes when I make turns I accidentally turn it off because my palm will hit the power switch after the steering adjusts itself after a turn. I also wanted to add that the tabs that hold the unit in place broke off when I was trying to remove it. I believe the heat from the sun might of soften the plastic tabs and caused the them to crack.The sound is terrible. Even with the volume on max I could not hear clearly. I kept having to ask callers to repeat themselves. Callers also had a hard time hearing me. It also makes a horrible loud noise whenever you touch any of the controls while using the FM transmitter. It sounds like a firework pop. I live in a very rural area, so there are not that many radio stations around. Even with that being said, there was not one clear reception I could find on the FM transmitter that did not have static.
Sadly to say I returned the unit for a refund. I give credit for the idea of making it able to attach to the steering wheel, but it needs to be redesigned to make it more user friendly.
Honest reviews on Plan-B High-End Portable Bluetooth LCD Car Kit With FM Transmitter
The unit is attractive and well built. It has an overall high quality look and feel to it. The mounting mechanism is not intuitive, but it works very well. It paired with my phone (droid 3) very easily, and the BT functionality was good.However, I got this unit to connect my phone to my radio (so Phone ==>BT==> PlanB ==>FM==> Radio), and the FM transmitter was not good/strong enough. Even when tuned to dead air frequencies, I was not able to get a clear FM signal. And I am not talking about a small hiss or minor sound issues.
Really, I think the unit is nice and I blame the FCC (who limit the power of these micro transmitters) more than anybody. I would recommend it for a car based Bluetooth hands-free unit. Just not for an FM transmitter as well.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Plan-B High-End Portable Bluetooth LCD Car Kit With FM Transmitter
I was so excited about getting this product that I drove to the post office to get it. When I got home and tried to use it I was so disappointed! The instructions were so vague that i never did figure out how to put it on my steering wheel.So I tried it out and the sound quality was terrible!
So i didn't try any of the other features, I just started looking for a different one.
I have purchased the Jabra Cruiser 2...so look for my post on that when I start using it.
No comments:
Post a Comment