Bought this to replace the 6 volt, 4 Ah battery in a six inch Dorcy rechargeable, handheld spotlight. This is an impressive light, but the short-sighted decision to use an uncommon 4 Ah battery instead of a very common 4.5 Ah battery complicates finding a replacement. I found plenty of the slightly larger 4.5 Ah batteries locally and online, but absolutely no 4 Ah's locally, and very few online. Hardly any of the 4's gave the physical dimension. I found this battery listed by Portable Power for an excellent price and reasonable shipping. It fits the Dorcy perfectly, has the same push-on terminals as the original battery and gives as bright a light as when the spotlight was new. This battery is 2 11/16" wide, 1 13/16" thick, 3 15/16" tall (4 1/16" if you include the terminals on top).
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I have a solar powered floodlight that I purchased from Costco several years ago. The light has worked well but recently stopped charging. After looking around at my local stores I saw replacement batteries in the range of $30-40 which was nearly half the price I paid for the floodlight itself. I stumbled upon this EnerSys replacement and it fit perfectly and worked like a charm. I will update this review if there are any issues with the lifespan of the battery but so far it works great. Just an FYI... the original battery that came in my floodlight was a Q-Power QP6-4 (6v4AH). This EnerSys is also 6 volts and 4 Amps but is listed as an NP4-6.
Update: January 2013. The Solar Floodlight I used this battery in no longer functions. I re-checked all the connections but the battery simply will not charge. I won't fault the battery because I cannot be certain that the flood light is not defective in some way but make sure you check your light if you plan on replacing the battery.
Best Deals for EnerSys Genuine NP4-6 6V 4Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery
I had a 3-year old solar rechargeable Heath/Zenith floodlight and the battery stopped taking charge. Not surprising, lead acid batteries go bad after about that time period. Well, the light cost ninety dollars at HomeDepot so I didn't want to toss it and buy a new one. This battery fit perfectly and works great, seems to be the same mfgr as the original, so I am very pleased.
Honest reviews on EnerSys Genuine NP4-6 6V 4Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery
The battery worked great. It went into my emergency light. Fit perfectly into my emergency light. I would buy from them again when the occasion arises. Thank you.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for EnerSys Genuine NP4-6 6V 4Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery
My battery was for my rechargeable spotlight. It arrived very quickly and was relatively easy to install. Fit was perfect. Great price!

No comments:
Post a Comment