Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cheap Instapark® Mercury27 Portable & Foldable 27 Watts Solar Battery

Instapark® Mercury27 Portable & Foldable 27 Watts Solar Battery Charger with DC 12V Output for Automotive Batteries & Dual DC 5V Standard USB Ports for iPhone, iPad, Android Smart Phone, Tablet Computer & Other Portable Device
Customer Ratings: 5 stars
List Price: $199.99
Sale Price: $119.99
Today's Bonus: 40% Off
Buy Now

I've charged a small tablet on a cloudy day in November at 9:30 AM where the sun was still behind trees. The AA charger wouldn't run in fast mode until the current draw got up to 1 amp, but worked fine in slow mode until then. That's to be expected, but isn't something we normally consider when using AC. The point here is that the current rate, amperage, may vary depending on how clear the sky is. Efficiency will also change as the sun moves across the sky unless you periodically realign the panels.

It comes with a 5 mm plug that I found worthless, so I cut it off and soldered a 12v cigarette lighter extension cord to it. I need to be able to run DC battery chargers from it, and I thought a standard auto socket would be more universal. There are two USB ports and I used one of them to charge my tablet, as I mentioned, even before the sunlight hit the panel.

Chargers I used:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FJEB1C/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007W2OY6U/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I imagine any DC charger will also work.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

I already have 12w solar panel, but 12w panel dose not have enough power to use some devices.

So I decided to buy a higher watt panel.

This product has small area to generate electricity compare to 12w panel.

And the weight is a little heavier than 12w panel.

I am totally satisfied.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment