Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Discount BatteryMINDer 12 Volt 2/4/8 Amp Wet/Gel/AGM Battery Charger

BatteryMINDer 12 Volt 2/4/8 Amp Wet/Gel/AGM Battery Charger
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
Buy Now
I have several lead-acid batteries that I need to keep charged up; I heard about desulphating chargers, then found this one. I first used it on a 5-year-old car battery whose voltage indicated that it was at about 40% capacity. After following the directions (about 6 days of desulphating), the voltage jumped up to a point that indicated that the battery was now at 90%.

I have a friend who had been trickle charging his older car battery and felt that he had gotten it as fully charged as he could, but then I loaned him this charger and a week later got a phone message from him indicating surprise at how much his battery had improved. He was convinced! It's very possible to double a battery's life with this charger, and so it can pay for itself quickly.

The problems with this charger are the complexity and the poor documentation. I think you can see the all the lights and buttons on the front of it somewhat bewildering to most. So you have to spend a lot of time reading the manual at first, and, I think, it could take a lot less time if they could find a competent technical writer. They KNOW their manual has problems because they added a supplement that says to ignore all the instructions in the manual and just read that one page supplement! The trouble is, even that supplement is a bit hard to understand. One example is how batteries are to treated as large, medium, or small, but they really don't tell you how to classify them. I had assumed a battery for a compact car would be considered medium, but a phone call to their support guy informed me that it was actually large. The manual just assumes that we can read their minds on things like this, but we can't, so we get confused and use the charger improperly.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

I liked this so much I bought a second one. It brought a lawn tractor battery back to life from the dead, and it worked all Summer long, so it's half paid for already on that battery. I also used it on 3 AGM trolling motor batteries It has brought them back to usefulness from being in a weak state, not to new condition but 2 are over 12.7 volts after sitting 24 hours, one I am still letting desulfanate, it's back to 11.8 volts after being at 6 volts. These batteries are 8 years old and now cost over $300 each so it's more than paid for itself restoring 2, and it brings the other one back after a sitting all Winter on it I will be very very impressed. From what I can tell so far, it seems to work best defulfantating wet cell batteries but it helps AGMs as well. The new charger I just received is going on a yellow top optima for the Winter to see if it will bring it back. Starting off it was at 10 volts after fully charging and letting sit for 24 hours so it's definitely toast before letting this charger try to do it's magic on it.

Yes, I have a lot of batteries, there are 5 sitting on my work bench now on top of the one in the lawn tractor and 4 installed in vehicles. Keeping all these up to snuff is worth the effort vs replacing them. I would highly recommend this charger.

Just as a point of information, for those charging Optima batteries, Optima recommends using the wet setting, not AGM or Gel for their batteries.

Best Deals for BatteryMINDer 12 Volt 2/4/8 Amp Wet/Gel/AGM Battery Charger

This is my first experience with the use of desulfation. I am / will be collecting data on multiple batteries to help validate the use of this charger. This review will be edited to reflect that information as I have time.

10/25/11 The Short Version: Two batteries on the recycle/core pile have been returned to "usable" status within 1 month. My ROI was less than 1 month.

Honest reviews on BatteryMINDer 12 Volt 2/4/8 Amp Wet/Gel/AGM Battery Charger

I use this unit EVERYDAY and have found it to be very reliable. I have owned this unit for more that 3 years. My uses are: AGM batteries in my Electric car to auto/truck lead acid batteries. Tried it on sealed lead acid gel batts. and did not see(not sure if meant for this)any improvement. The only con I have is the durability of the "button select" label cover. It had to be covered with clear moving tape because of exposure. I wonder if can get a new label? Other than label issue this is a great product! I highly recommend it. One of the things I wish Battery Minder would do is, make an onboard multibank desulfator for my electric car. 6 banks is what I need. I really can't see buying six separate desulfators when I could have one unit with six integrated.

Happy De-sulfating!

Daniel

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for BatteryMINDer 12 Volt 2/4/8 Amp Wet/Gel/AGM Battery Charger

I ordered and received this a little over one month ago. As always, great shipping and delivery service through Amazon, thanks for that!

My intended purpose for this was to be able to slow charge/maintain the spare set of deep cycle trolling motor batteries I now have for my bass boat. I use an onboard charging system to maintain the ones in the boat, but only had a standard style 15amp charger for other batteries. I shopped for this and even checked the BatteryMinder website for instructions to make sure I could use this to maintain two batteries at the same time. Their directions were easy and simple to connect batteries properly to do this.

So far, the charger is working perfectly as intended. I check the battery charge state with a multi-meter and batteries are charged and maintained with this charger attached. The 2A setting is great as it does not cook off the batteries after weeks of being connected as my 15a/2a combination charger had a tendency to do. The one thing I'm not sure about but will be testing is the electrical usage for this. I will be hooking this up to AC via a Kill-A-Watt current meter to try and determine electrical cost of operation to maintain batteries to see if my diligence is cost effective as opposed to periodic battery replacements. I want to be fair with my assessment, so will take at least 4-5 months to report back on that.

The other reason for trying this is the advertised desulfation. From what I've read, this can take many weeks to be fully effective. I have this battery maintainer/reconditioner currently hooked up to a pair of 6 year old 27D size deep cycle trolling motor batteries. I have been doing this for three weeks now and I've checked them once each week both visually inspecting the appearance of the plates in each cell, with a multi-meter for state of charge, and with a load tester for condition. I have to admit, each time I have checked them, visually the plates appear cleaner with less sulfation (the yellowish film on the plates), they load test better (maintain voltage during loaded discharge better), and they recover/recharge to full state faster after proper load testing. From what I am experiencing with this pair of deep cells, this is working as claimed for me. When I started this test, the two 6 year old deep cells were load testing as just barely OK but marginal. Now after three weeks, they test acceptable, but still not quite as solid as the two brand new deep cells I purchased a month ago.

With my multi-meter, when I started, these two deep-cells would test at 12.64 volts after settling 24 hours following a 12 hour top-off/maintenance charge. After a week, that went to 12.66 volts, and now after 3 weeks, they are up to 12.69 volts. This compares to the 12.89 volts for my two brand new deep cells (these are not Optimas like my brother uses which test at 13.16 volts but cost 1.75 times more than the batteries I'm using). So each week, they are improving the capacity to hold a better charge.

Still, I'm going to give them a few more weeks as they have improved each week with this attached, maintaining, and it appears de-sulfating.

Product Update 7/14/2013:

I'm back after 2+ years of owning and using this charger, to support my 5 star review. This charger has worked excellent for me. It did revive one battery that was weak from sitting a whole Wisconsin winter at only about half charge (My bad!). I put this charger on it for about four weeks and now the battery charges fine, holds charge well, and load tests well. In addition, I rotate this charger on my bass boat batteries, ATV battery, log splitter battery, lawn tractor battery, car and truck batteries, and several other miscellaneous lead acid 12v batteries I keep for misc uses. I also 'lend' this to my brother for him to recondition his batteries. He is also very satisfied with the conditioning results he experiences with his batteries. It's currently attached to my ATV battery performing a maintenance charge. I have found it tops off batteries excellent and maintains charge excellent for extended periods of time without over-cooking the batteries or boiling off the water. I meter test and load test my batteries for measured charge, so the results I'm seeing are objective based upon actual measurable performance, not just subjective observances.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment