Thursday, April 17, 2014

Reviews of Schumacher IP-1850FL Instant Power Jump Starter With 12 Volt Flex

Schumacher IP-1850FL Instant Power Jump Starter With 12 Volt Flex Light
Customer Ratings: 4 stars
List Price: $165.85
Sale Price: $92.43
Today's Bonus: 44% Off
Buy Now

I bought this Jump starter in Dec. 2007 and to this day is working like a charm! What you must understand about this jumper is that it may or may not assist to start a bad battery (a battery that will no longer take a charge and you must replace). I say may or may not because it depends on the size of what you are jumping. Unfortunately all my cars are eight cylinder vehicles, so I am not that lucky. Until this winter, this jumper has NEVER failed to jump start my vehicles. This winter (2011), I did not drive my vehicle for over a month, with the temps in the low 20s, I tried to jump start my car only to have it fail. Well, this was a first so I took the battery out and brought it in to have it slow charged over night. In the morning, I discovered that the battery would not take a charge and was defective. So for those of you who think that this will jump start all cars, all the time NO but it will do what it was intended to do as long as the battery is not defective. I still feel that the Shummacher IP-1850 is a handy tool to have around. I highly recommend it.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

Read the description carefully. I didn't realize it won't start a dead battery only a low battery. Tricky!

Best Deals for Schumacher IP-1850FL Instant Power Jump Starter With 12 Volt Flex

It wasn't powerful enough to jump-start my car. I'd been on vacation, hadn't driven the car in a few weeks, came back to find the battery too low to start; the Schumacher did not do the trick. It's hard to say whether this was a fair test. I eventually used, not a jump-starter, but a recharger on the battery, which since then has worked fine. So we'll see how the jump-starter works if there's a next time, but it did not work in the emergency that I had.

Honest reviews on Schumacher IP-1850FL Instant Power Jump Starter With 12 Volt Flex

I thought that the name brand would mean something with this product,but that was not the case. This unit lasted one year,before the internal battery wouldn't take a charge.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Schumacher IP-1850FL Instant Power Jump Starter With 12 Volt Flex

I put this on charge immediately after I got it and left it there, as recommended. Last night, we got a winter storm and the power blinked several times. I got it and my power inverter at the ready, so I would be able to monitor the weather situation via laptop and Mifi.

The power never did go out, but it made me think that I should test this baby out before I really need it.

I got this primarily for camping and emergencies, for use with a separate 12-120 volt power inverter. Having the jumpstart feature only adds to the usefulness of the unit.

Lead acid batteries work best when kept fully charged...that's why the alternator in your car runs all the time. Plus, it ensures that the charger is always ready to go when you need it.

I hooked up the inverter and my laptop's power supply over an hour and a half ago, and the Schumacher is still ticking away without issues. Indicator shows half charge, but it went immediately to half charge after I plugged it in and started using power. We'll see how quickly the power drains, but so far it seems OK.

I also ponder whether or not it would be practical to plug my power inverter into the rear socket in my SUV, charge the device and leave the it there all the time on charge, so that it charged a little every time I drove the car. If that would work, the jump starter would always be with you, would always be charged, and would always be ready to use at a moment's notice.

***UPDATE***

Using a 400 watt inverter plugged into my car's cigarette lighter, I kept the Schumacher plugged in all winter in the back of my SUV. It charged every time I ran the truck. By the end of the winter, the power supply was still showing full charge. So, this method works beautifully to allow you to carry around a fully charged jump starter, ready to go at a moment's notice.

Be careful if you try this that you only use a socket that runs when the car is turned on...otherwise, you might have to use the jump starter sooner than you anticipated.

EDIT: 11/24/12 The prong on the plugin broke last month. Now, there's no way to charge it. Way too delicate to ride around in the back of a car or truck. Worthless!

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment