Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I purchased the Shorai LFX for a 1990 Honda GB500 since the old water battery had died. The Shorai weighs about two pounds and does not require having to have a battery trickle-charger attached. I use the bike rarely (a fairly rare restored bike). The battery's dimensions were the same as the original battery and it slipped into the battery box with no problems.Expensive? Yes, but the convenience of having a sealed battery that never needs water, not having to have it attached to a trickle charger, and the knowledge that it will go long periods without charging, plus its light weight and greater cranking power made it worth the extra money.
The Shorai company states that their battery charger is the only one that can be used. Wrong! Battery Tender circuitry is also compatible with the Shorai. But....I bought and installed the battery six months ago, have ridden the bike only a few times during that period and have had no need to keep it on a trickle charger. The bike has started right up with no hesitation.
My conclusion: a great product; I recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment