Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Reviews of Motorola On-Site RDU4160d 16-Channel UHF Water-Resistant Two-Way

Motorola On-Site RDU4160d 16-Channel UHF Water-Resistant Two-Way Business Radio
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
List Price: $380.00
Sale Price: $306.94
Today's Bonus: 19% Off
Buy Now

This radio has the solid quality that you expect when you buy a Motorola Business Radio with more flexibility at the user level than Mot has offered in the past. I ordered the radio with GMRS and Amateur frequencies programmed into it. With the FREE software from Motorola's website, I can select which 16 of 99 frequencies I want to use, I can change the CTCSS codes, and save different configurations. Since it can be programmed to work with repeaters, it is perfect for the 'ham' and GMRS repeaters while offering MUCH more reliable radio operation than the typical consumer radios offer. You get what you pay for...no excuses.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

I use this at a club (I'm a DJ) it is really loud and clear! Really good durable quality. I recommend If you are planning to use a two way radio outside in the rain or snow get one without a lcd screen.

Best Deals for Motorola On-Site RDU4160d 16-Channel UHF Water-Resistant Two-Way

GREAT RADIO BUILT TO LAST, I WAS VERY PLEASED THIS RADIO WAS BUILT WITH THE END USER IN MIND, FUNCTIONED WELL AND PRICE WAS FAIR AND WORTH IT

Honest reviews on Motorola On-Site RDU4160d 16-Channel UHF Water-Resistant Two-Way

This is a great radio for GMRS. All you have to do is contact Motorola and send them your frequency list and your license and they will send you the code plug. Buy the programming cable and download the free software from their website. You can set this radio up to use GMRS repeaters. Once you load the radio with your frequencies you can change the PL Codes from the front radio just like a bubblepack radio so you can use differnt repeaters that use the same frequency pair. Or you can just do it all from the software. The speaker is supper loud and clear for its size. Even if you turn it up all the way it's still clear. I was very impressed with its clarity. The mic is clear also and can be adjusted to three differnt mic gain levels. You can switch from repeater to direct easily by programming one of the buttons on the radio to do that. You can switch it from high to low power to conserve power. You can also set a scramle mode so that only other radios set to that same scramble code will here you. This radio comes with a high capacity Lithium Ion battery 2400 milliamps. I bought the rapid rate charger because it only comes with the slow charger.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Motorola On-Site RDU4160d 16-Channel UHF Water-Resistant Two-Way

I ordered this product for emergency purposes for our family.

Unfortunately, after multiple calls with Motorola and the FCC, the FCC says that this radio can only be used with a business license, and for business purposes. That means it's a complete no go for personal use (even if you are a business).

The FCC also noted that the information in the Motorola manual was incorrect wrt licensing: You cannot apply directly for a license, but instead need to work through an aggregator to purchase a license.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment