As an update, I found that by removing the 2 screws in the body as well as the cap that holds the bayonet contact in place, the USB sockets can be reinserted into the plastic guides. This is also true with the 12V socket. Then the assy can be carefully reassembled. Now that it is understood that the holding mechanisms for the sockets are poorly designed are prone to fall out, if you're careful when inserting USB or 12V plugs, it will work.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
Purchased two of these to charge new smart phones in car with single 12v socket. Item was consistently loose in socket and fell out regularly. After 3 days the first one broke small white male piece in USB port collapsed into unit from regular use. After only one day the second broke in the same way.For the short amount of time that it worked, it charged my Droid X sufficiently, but my wife's BB Bold actually lost battery life while plugged into this unit. Don't waste your time product is shoddy and breaks easily but also doesn't work well when intact.
Best Deals for Coby CA781 USB Car Charger for MP3 Players (Black)
My job requires me to do a lot of driving, and this adapter has been a real lifesaver. I've been using it for almost a year now and it's still working great.My work phone (Blackberry), my personal phone, and my bluetooth, all have micro USB ports. So having two USB ports on this adapter comes in real handy. Also, the big round port is a necessity for my GPS, since I have to use the cable that came with it to pick-up the traffic alerts.
I bought four of these and put together kits for the kids and I. It consists of this Coby adapter, an AC wall adapter with two USB ports, two micro USB cables, and a USB extension cable, which I picked up at mono price. All the cables are 1.5' feet long to reduce tangles, and it all fits in a nice little compact zip-up nylon bag for easy transporting.
No comments:
Post a Comment