List Price: $19.99
Sale Price: $7.82
Today's Bonus: 61% Off
Like everyone else, I hate Apple's not including an AC adapter with the iPod and then charging $30 to get one. And, like many here, I was hesitant to buy a $3 charger since it might ruin my $250 nano. But it isn't a $3 charger. It's more like a $6-10 charger when you add in the "shipping" -roughly $7.50 for one and $10.50 for two, which is really shipping, handling and profit. Even at those prices, it's much better than Apple and I like the design even better (roughly half the size and one third the weight. Given the small power output, that shouldn't be a problem and is better when traveling. Apple's adapter is almost as big as the one for my iBook and that uses many times the power of an iPod charger.
Someone expressed concern about the lack of a "charge completed" indicator, but I don't see how that could happen. To my knowledge, a USB port (which this charger replicates so far as charging is concerned) does not know when anything connected to it is done charging (or even if it is charging vs. operating) so all the charge control would seem to have to be in the iPod, not the charger.
I gave this product four stars instead of five only because of the company's misleading shipping charge. Paradoxically, they might sell more if they charged the true price and a more reasonable shipping charge since a lot of people are likely to be scared away by a ridiculously low price, out of fear they will damage their iPod. I wish Amazon would require its affiliated sellers to adhere to a reasonable shipping cost policy. Amazon's charging reasonable shipping is a big reason I tend to come to their site, but situations like this are making me look elsewhere more.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I've bought three of these on separate occasions one for me and two as gifts. Each arrived very fast by mail and all work perfectly. The charger is very small and has a built-in folding plug. It can charge any device that uses USB for charging. Simple, elegant and even with shipping it is less than 1/3 the price of the Apple version highly recommended!Best Deals for USB/AC for MP3 Players - White
Charger FRIED our iPOD video first time we used it. iPOD was burning hot and is ruined.I've sent 7 emails to Cemtronix-NO RESPONSE! Can't find Cemtronix phone no. anywhere-includ Amazon CS and internet search. Want reimbursement for new iPOd $265.19 plus 6.00. Very upset and disgusted that Cemtronix won't respond and Amazon won't provide phone number or address of Cemtronix.READ THIS!!!
Cemtronix responded to my evaluation by writing: Seller Response: ""NOT TRUE" Item was tested and was not defective at all. This buyer was looking for a free iPod "SELLERS BEWARE"" Date: 3/13/2007
THIS IS NOT TRUE!! Cemtronix NEVER contacted me or tested the product. I still have it. I was NOT looking for a free ipod. Mine worked fine before using the charger.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY DO NOT DESERVE ANY BUSINESS!
No comments:
Post a Comment