Friday, November 21, 2014

Buy Digital Lifestyle Outfitters DLA52527/17 JumpStart Power Charger

Digital Lifestyle Outfitters DLA52527/17 JumpStart Power Charger for Ipod and Iphone
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
List Price: $59.99
Sale Price: $13.30
Today's Bonus: 78% Off
Buy Now

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program You might say my iphone 3GS is my 5th appendage. I love apps and games, which leads my battery to go poof! in no time, so this is just what I needed. I'm racing around outside a lot, so I can't just use my car charger. I can drop this in my coat pocket and have it as an easy backup. It also charges my ipod 80gb classic, though for the most part that battery lasts forever, so I won't need it for that as much.

Out of the box, you dock your iphone into the jumpstart, and if needed, right into your computer USB. itunes pops up with no prompting just like if I were plugging in straight from the iphone. It's fairly light and will be a great thing to throw in my purse or car for a trip where you'd have trouble getting to an outlet or computer for a charge.

It's flexible so it will easily fit around your case and also doesn't get in the way of your camera. I use a cellet flexi skin(a silicone plastic mix)iphone case and it suctions on no problem. There's a little button on the back of the jumpstart which will light up a small LED light on top(blue or red) to indicate whether you need to charge it. When it's charging, it stays illuminated to show you if it's done.

I've found myself using the jumpstart now 100% of the time to charge my iphone, and it's so much better then having it teethered with the white apple cord to my computer.

The only downside: I would have appreciated a tiny little instruction sheet and there wasn't anything in the box. But for the most part, it's a common sense item and easy to figure out without any manual. Definitely a great, easy to use iphone accessory.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program The JumpStart Power Charger sort of does what it advertises but not quite. Using it with an iPhone it would charge in about 2 hours but only to about 50% capacity. It's not bad getting 50% more life out of an iPhone but that doesn't `double' your battery capacity. The unit is quite small and fits in snuggly but the suction cups don't work as well as would be expected and don't work at all if your phone has a skin on it. Perhaps a better design would have been to have it somehow clamp onto the sides of the iPhone. When the suction cups don't stick the battery just flops around particularly if you're trying to charge it and use it at the same time. It's light enough to fit in a purse but it might not be as convenient for men. It is nice to have on a trip when you might go long periods of time without a charger but the basic design could perhaps use some tweaking.

Best Deals for Digital Lifestyle Outfitters DLA52527/17 JumpStart Power Charger

Advantage with the iPod touch:

The iPod touch has the unfortunate feature of having the headphone jack at the bottom of the unit, right next to the universal dock plugin. I searched for so many batter packs, but the majority cover up the entire bottom of the unit, making the headphone jack inaccessible. Of the ones I did find that fit, they connected to the iPod via a short cable, and weren't physically attached to the unit. This suction-cupped based battery pack hangs on tight to the unit, and I don't worry about accidentally pulling it out.

General usage:

Pros:

-Great for travelingOn long plane rides where movies & apps would drain my battery in a few hours, this pack at least doubles, if not triples the length I can use it. The external battery drains first. The iPod battery icon is marked as 'charging' (or 'plugged in', with a full charge) and once the battery pack is drained, the normal diminishing battery icon shows.

-Battery charger is USB, connects to computer or USB wall outlet adapter. When the iPod is attached to the battery, they both charge. When connected to a computer, it behaves identically to the apple white cord iTunes opens and it syncs. When I travel I only bring my computer, USB cable, battery, and iPod, and that's all I need for charging and syncing.

-Rubber covering feels very strong. It's one solid piece, and there is NOTHING flimsy about it. 10 points for the build.

Cons:

-The suction cups held really well for the first few days. Now, the battery tends to not hold as well. It has never fully popped off, but it slides around somewhat. Maybe it would help if I washed the suctions

-The battery indicator light is complicated, and I still haven't figured out exactly what the lights indicate. I've figured out red is 'charging' and blue is 'discharging' but when you press the button, it flashes red and/or blue and i have no clue what it means. Couldn't quickly find details about it online...

-Charger is USB series A on one side (standard 'computer' size) and Micro-USB on the other. I wish it had the same plug as the apple universal adapter, so it wouldn't require keeping around yet another cable.

Honest reviews on Digital Lifestyle Outfitters DLA52527/17 JumpStart Power Charger

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program I use quite a few applications on my iPhone, which tends to drain its power rather quickly. That's why I was excited to try out this external battery pack that extends the life of my phone by a full charge. It works very well. You plug it into the USB port of any computer, using the cable that comes with the device. After about an hour the unit will be fully charged, which is indicated by a red light on the top.

When your phone battery runs down, you just slide the Jump Start's connector into the bottom of the iPhone, just as you would do if you were charging the phone with its regular cable. The Jump Start has little suction cups that are supposed to hold the unit to the back of the phone so that you can use the phone while it's charging. Unfortunately, I didn't find the suction sufficient to hold the unit on the phone, but that may have been because I have a hard case on the phone that has little ridges along the back.

But here's the really cool part: Once you plug the Jump Start into the iPhone the unit transfers its charge to the phone's internal battery, so you only have to leave the Jump Start on the phone long enough for the charge to be transferred. In about 30 minutes the Jump Start is drained and your iPhone battery is fully charged.

Overall, I give this product 5 stars because it's convenient, light weight, reasonably priced and does what it promises.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Digital Lifestyle Outfitters DLA52527/17 JumpStart Power Charger

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program This Jumpstart charger is definitely a must-have companion with iPhone 3G. With the extensive use of iPhone as a phone, mp3 player,news reader, gaming, etc. the need for extra battery life is really valid. It is the first time I found a very useful battery charger for iPhone.

Charging capacity: It provides one full battery charge for iPhone 3G.

iPhone Charging Time: About 3 hours for a full charge. Does not provide instant charging. However, if you are running on less than 10% charge, it will keep the phone running for as long as the one full battery will. (you can keep the phone charging while using it at the same time)

Jumpstarter Charging Time: About 4 hrs when connected to either direct power supply or through the USB port of a computer. There is a LED light on the top which

turns blue (from red) when it is fully charged.

Design: It looks very cool and sticks to the back of the iPhone through its rubber suction cups. It is very convenient to use while talking, using apps, or leaving it on the table.

Potential Issues:

There are no directions or anything in the box. Just use & learn yourself. Not a big deal as it is very simple to use.

The charging cable has USB connector only. If you have any cellphone with the wall charger and USB port on other side, you can use that as well. I have left my iPhone wall charger at home and keep this JumpStarter in my laptop bag always.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment