It looked very sturdy and well made but was just to small.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I tested it and it's putting out something but barely enough to read on a multimeter set to 20 DC. Did a continuity check to make sure it was actually working and it is. It does work much better in full sun than in cloudy conditions. I have two batteries on my boat and keep this one hooked up to my "house" battery used for stereo, bilge, lights, lighter, ect...I have a second starting/trim battery. I recently purchased the 90 amp battery isolator NOCO IGD90HP Grey 90 Amp High-Performance Battery Isolator over a VSR as it is cheaper and seems to be working fine, even on an outboard 140 hp evinrude, although I still trickle charge it once a wk (if I'm going to take it out). Like the title states this is a battery maintainer, it may be able to maintain/charge a battery powering a few LEDs but not going to charge a larger 12V battery. You will still need to charge the battery if an alternator isn't hooked up or if you have two or more batteries being charged by a smaller alternator or stator. I will say it can take a beating as it fell off the top of my boat a few times with no damage and has been outdoors for several wks with no serious signs of wear.SOMETHING TO TAKE NOTE OF: There isn't really any way to mount it, ther is but not out of the box. There are two short bolts without heads that thread into nuts on the back of the unit, they are about 4 inches in length and you can unscrew them and slide them up and down to make it tilt one way or the other. I was planning on mounting it to my boat, but that idea didn't work because I have a boat cover on most of the time so it is currently hanging off my ladder
No comments:
Post a Comment