List Price: $37.95
Sale Price: $27.45
Today's Bonus: 28% Off
I bought this because it was well rated and supposedly a high end unit. I can't say it is or isn't It is okay but I am still not used to the way it works. The best feature is it is quick to react to route changes. It also grabs the satellite signal quickly. So far no waiting when I make a wrong turn on purpose to see how it reacts. It quickly reroutes me. There is a big issue. The route it wants me to take when leaving my subdivision is wrong. The other thing is it has the wrong name for the street I live on. I have only seen a few maps or units that has the street name correctly. Tom Tom also has the route wrong. The other odd item is route timing. It is better than my old Magellan but just a bit off. It says I will arrive in 50 minutes and it calculates that time based on I have no idea. It is always a few minutes off. It seems to assume I am going to speed. If I drive the speed limit it will take longer than it says. If I drive faster I will only be a minute or two late. Strange but true. It is also supposed to have a learning feature but so far it seems to have learned nothing. So that part does not work. I live in a rural area and there isn't much in the way of traffic reporting so unless I go to Boston I get nothing. There is a lot of traffic and there are lots of delays just very little reporting. I haven't tried the HD Radio feature yet. I paired it with my cell phone and so far it has been a waste of time. It does not appear to have saved the phone book from my phone so it is another none working feature. Are you sensing a theme here? It is a lot of money to pay for faster satellite acquisition.
No comments:
Post a Comment