Monday, March 10, 2014

Buy Battery Indicator - Solar Panel or Golf Cart 12/24 volt

Battery Indicator - Solar Panel or Golf Cart 12/24 volt
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
Buy Now
At this point I have not permanently installed this meter. I did bench test it and was totally dissatisfied with it's performance. I attempted to return it after which Jim, a seller representative, contacted me to find out why I was dissatisfied. When I explained to him the way I tested the meter and the results I got -Jim patiently and carefully explained to me the error of my testing technique. I retested the meter based upon what Jim told me and the meter worked as it should. If you're going to buy one of these and test it before installation remember Jim's words to me "This is a battery meter NOT a voltmeter." Battery voltage usually changes slowly therefore this meter samples battery voltage for a period of time and THEN lights a lower LED if the battery voltage has changed since the last sample period.

..I am very pleased with the purchase and especially with the help from Jim.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

Bought this meter to monitor a deep cycle battery in a camper. It was easy to wire correct polarity unlike a previous one that I ordered and returned to Amazon. The green light indicator is easy to read at a distance and is very accurate. It is good to have some electronic equipment that is well made and works properly.

Best Deals for Battery Indicator - Solar Panel or Golf Cart 12/24 volt

I found a website called modified power wheels. I saw some examples of what some people were using on their Power Wheels (PW) and was not satisfied at all the stuff was way too big for a little power wheel. I searched and searched until I found this one. PERFECT modification for any Power Wheel and works GREAT! I installed it in my son's Fire Rescue Jeep and am extremely satisfied! Easy to install and very compact. I love it!

Honest reviews on Battery Indicator - Solar Panel or Golf Cart 12/24 volt

This is not a volt meter, it is a battery indicator -like the one in a cellphone, or a laptop. A 12V battery may run from 13.1V to 10.5V, and that may correspond to 100% to 0 charge. In real life, what one really needs to know is how much battery do I have left, like in a a color coded bar chart. This instrument takes care of making this calculation for you, by sensing and calibrating itself to the charging voltage during the recharge, and then monitoring the decline during use. The instrument maps the drop in voltage to a usable bar graph representation. The instrument has an elegant scientific look and feel to it. The + and pins monitor the battery at all times. The C pin is used to turn on/off the LEDs. The R pin is seldom used, but can be used to drive an external relay to cutoff current when the battery reaches empty, i.e., to protect the battery from getting totally drained. Well worth the money.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Battery Indicator - Solar Panel or Golf Cart 12/24 volt

I am still in test mode with this but so far I think that this is a really nice device. The instructions are too brief to be sufficient though. They only supply a wiring diagram that is good. I learned from comments placed here by other customers how it works. Before cutting holes for my installation, I made a temporary connection to the circuits. It showed "full" initially which was probably correct. I then discharged the battery for a while to watch the indicator. It dropped one light at a time. I stopped the discharge when the light was at the 6th (60%) position and began to recharge. During recharge, light 6 began to blink. Then it moved one light at a time while still blinking up to light 10 (100%). When the recharge was discontinued, light 10 continued to blink until a load was put on the battery. Then it went to a steady light. Time will tell if it is durable, but for now, I am very pleased.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment