I bought it to allow me to charge electronic things while on my bike by using their car chargers. I already had the SAE connector available from a Battery Tender JR.
This piece could not be better made, or more solid.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I use one of these on my motorcycle to enable the use of a cellphone charger. It's compatible with the quick connect fitting which I already had for use with the battery charger. Works well!
Best Deals for Powerlet SAE to Cigarette Socket Cable - 18"
I purchased this because there was no alternative product available and Powerlet products are very well made. After use, however, I found that the depth was exaggerated and my accessories would slide back out of the socket. I ended up having to wrap a rubber band around both to keep them together while riding. At first it seems fine, but when you arrive a couple hours later you find out the plug to your accessory has slipped out and your phone is dead. In addition, two dual USB outlets I purchased that work fine in my car socket, will not make contact due to depth issues. It seems Powerlet designed the socket so deep as to make you buy some of their adapters. I ended up cutting the end off 1/2 inch to be able to use the plug with my USB adapters. Quality build yes bad design yes. No other options at this point.
Honest reviews on Powerlet SAE to Cigarette Socket Cable - 18"
I used this adapter on my motorcycle to run my iPhone and my Garmin. I was really not pleased with how this adapter would not seat the 12V plugs well and I was constantly reaching into my tank bag to reconnect the power supply while I was on the highway and I needed to navigate my way through some obstacles. This could definitely be designed better.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Powerlet SAE to Cigarette Socket Cable - 18"
Got this for my GPS on a Harley FXSTC. I recommend the 18" version as it clears the engine on the way to the front of the bike. The GPS plugs in nice just under and at the front of the gas tank. I wrapped the connection with water proof electrical tape. Working great! Fast shipping. Great vendor. Highly recommended!

No comments:
Post a Comment